Donnerstag, 17. Dezember 2015

I am elected Java Champion. Thank you!

Today I was elected a Java Champion. I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to everybody who supported me and my work. Without you, I would not be the developer that I am today. I want to thank all of you and especially:

Rafał Świerzyńsk for his patience and contagious enthusiasm when teaching me many programming fundamentals during my first full-time programming job. Thank you for proving to me that writing quality code pays off both in terms of joy at work and value for a customer.

The team at RebelLabs who helped me to promote Byte Buddy to a broader audience before anybody even used my software. Especially, I want to thank Simon Maple and Oleg Šelajev from ZeroTurnaround and Oliver White who is now working at Typesafe.

Axel Fontaine and Lukas Eder, both developers of open-source libraries that often served me as specimen for how to promote Byte Buddy. I also want to thank you both for your advice and shared experiences.

Everybody at javaBin, the Norwegian Java user group. My first presentation at a JUG meeting bootstrapped my speaker career and speaking at JavaZone gave me a lot of confidence for the international stage. You are a great bunch and I would surely not be a Java Champion today if it were not for your hard work and dedication.

The Java community for its countless efforts of documenting insights into Java technology, for its free software and the many great discussions that I have had. Anything I know I have learned from others and I am endlessly grateful. Especially, I want to thank Brice Dutheil who had the confidence to integrate Byte Buddy into the very popular Mockito library what motivated me tremendously.

Finally, my girlfriend Eiril who never complained when I was away for weeks of conferences, when I programmed away an entire weekend or was fed up with a problem that I had not yet figured out.

Thank you all, wholeheartedly!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen